Saturday, September 6, 2008

Have You Ever Laughed So Hard You Hurt Yourself?

Two things upfront:
1. I warned her
2. We are white and live in the suburbs

OK. So, I was telling folks about my new blog. Of course, I was sending out e-mails because nobody uses the phone any more for this stuff. It would be way too hard for anyone to remember www.herfun.blogspot.com if it were relayed using your voice. E-mail gives everyone a chance to immediately click on the link and check it out. I'm pretty sure you can click on the little "Subscribe Post Atom" thing at the bottom to set up some kind of e-mail notification when I post something new. But, I digress.

Back to telling people about my blog. My best friend, Roxie, sends me back a quick note, which turned into a string. Well, this is how it went (I've put the exchange in the proper order):

From: LI
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:04 PM
To: A bunch of people
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

Hey all!

I've decided the events of my life are pretty gosh darn funny so I've started a blog.
I've only got one post, but I plan on doing two or three a week.
For my funny life go to www.herfun.blogspot.com

L.


From: Barbie
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:09 PM
To: LI
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

Dude, you seriously have far too much free time.


From: LI
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:12 PM
To: Barbie
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

Dude - don't be dissin'
You might be the next subject :)


From: Barbie
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:48 PM
To: LI
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

Lissn' up homegirl..I didn't sign no release form givin' you permission to use my bidness up in here.


From: LI
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:48 PM
To: Barbie
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

Did you get your head going side to side & snap your fingers while writing that?



From: Barbie
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:51 PM
To: LI
Subject: Re: Bloggin'

girl...ya know it. I did the head bob and followed it with an "mmmm hmmmm"

The string continues on, but we've both gone back into the white, suburbanites we are - not as funny. The funny part is that at this point, I'm laughing so hard, I nearly had tears rolling down my face and started to slap my hand on the desk. Did I mention there is a spiral bound notebook nearby? Yah, I totally scratched the edge of my hand on the end of the spiral - OW! The scratch is right at my knuckle and it's pretty tender, but it was totally worth it! How often do you and a good friend have such a minimal amount of communication, but it ends up being the highlight of your day?


Silver lining:
1. Duh, a few minutes of a dull workday were filled with laughter.
2. I kept my word & made her the subject of my next post.


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin