Monday, March 30, 2009

My Husband, the Philospher

In the shower, some people sing, some people pray, some people just get it done.

But my husband, well, he thinks random thoughts. And he has the “courtesy” to share them with me.

I’m so proud to be married to a man with such a brilliant mind – he is a member of MENSA after all.

Philosophers have pondered, debated & written theories on everything imaginable. However, my husband has given me and everyone reading this blog something to think about.

A recent sample of his random thoughts:

In a backward world, what if air was replaced by water?

Would toilets be filled with air?

Would fish breathe air while we breathed water?

Sounds to me, like he’s ready for summer and swimming. Or a vacation that involves SCUBA diving.

Now, for the scary (not so proud) revelation:

In a bizarro (as if the air/water thing weren’t bizarre enough) world, what if the human body worked backward?

Would we suck crap up our butt instead of it coming out?

Would it make its way up through the body so our mouths expel food?

Where would our teeth be located, in our butt?

These are the things he thinks about in the shower. How the hell did he get admitted into MENSA? Perhaps he should be admitted to a mental institute.

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time . . .



Silver lining:

  • I’m having a tough time with this one. I suppose there are worse things he could be doing in the shower, like singing.

10 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Anonymous said...

IS HE ON DRUGS!!!!!! If NOT, he should be:)

Honey, I'm not sure what to say about this strange behavior, except, PRAY, your children (my grandbabies) learn how to SING when they shower:):):):)

Never a dull moment at the "funny farm" (that would be your house):):):)

Love- THE MOM (in this case I'll just settle for the "In-Law" , you know, he is NOT related to me mentally:):):))

Sarah said...

lol thats great. at least you will never have a dull day.

Opa and Ga said...

Nice post well done!!! I also like it that you have the bible on your blog.
http://funny-jokes-comedy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You should try to stump him with this one:

What would chairs look like if our knees were backwards?

Anonymous said...

Pwn Star, That's a good one:):):):):) I wonder how long it will take him to come up with an answer...............

Ha Ha Ha Ha - this cracks me up:)
The Mom

Pollyanna said...

That backward knee thing brings up a lot of questions. Would it change the way you ride a bike?

NYStateBeauty said...

This is hysterical! It's great to hear people vivid thoughts and compare them to mine! lol

Rob said...

Pwn Star - if this were truly a bizarro world, would we even sit in chairs? Or if we did, perhaps we would stand up to relax? Perhaps instead of sitting on chairs, they would sit on us? I don't know - sometimes it just hurts my head with all this brilliance running around inside of it.

Anonymous said...

I hope when you shut the shower off your reference to "brilliance running around" doesn't run right down the drain (you know, like it might fall out of your ear or something):). Where would we get our humor from then? Who could possibly give us the bizarro world updates with such clarity?

The Mom

Anonymous said...

Your right he could be doing worse things in the shower. - Danny

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin