Monday, June 15, 2009

Fit & Active?

Let’s just say I am neither fit nor active by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I rode my bike twice this weekend (once to the farm, once to get an ice cream cone), but now I have bike-butt. Maybe staying inactive was a better choice.

Anywho, despite my general inactive state, I decided to try the “Fit & Active Pepperoni Pizza Pockets”.

Let’s just say, I found out where the “active” part of the name comes from.

The ends of the pocket were hermetically sealed. I was using my handy-dandy plastic knife to cut into it, but I needed something more like a hacksaw. My arm was quite active.

On the first end, I managed to hack my way in. The middle was really good; although, I should have read the package more – it had provolone cheese in it. I don’t like provolone because it sticks to your teeth – yek!

When I got to the other end (yes, I was eating the ends because I was really, really, really hungry), I again attempted to hack my way through. My knife was dull from the cutting of the first end, but I discovered I didn’t have to cut all the way through. All you really had to do was score it, and it would snap off – similar to when you’re trimming a piece of glass or drywall.

Drywall, can you say yummy?

Silver lining:

1. I had some Strawberry Sugar Wafers as a chaser – now that’s yummy!

2. While I was buying the Fit & Active pockets, I managed to buy enough groceries to make three or four dinners - we had eggs & toast for dinner last night because it was the only thing left in the fridge/cupboards (we were even out of cereal).

5 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Lillian Robinson said...

Ooo, I love those wafers! Vanilla is my personal favorite. But no, probably wouldn't care for drywall...

Just got back from my first bike ride of the season. Oh, my! I've finally stopped panting...

Ziggy Stardust said...

I am good on the wafers, the other I can take or leave and I agree about the dry wall

Anne

SquirrelQueen said...

The wafers are yummy, I love the vanilla also.

It sounds like you got almost as much excerise trying to get into the Fit & Active Pizza Pockets as from the bike ride. Drywall, yech!

Kenya said...

How funny, I had bike butt last week.. I told my hubby that I was going to go back to the sports store to buy the seat that is like a couch, which also covers my WHOLE butt. lol

Anonymous said...

M - I have come to the conclusion that MOST - key word being MOST - foods that are "fit" or "healthy" taste similar to drywall or cardboard, now keep in mind I have never personally tasted either and have no real desire too. I am going to walk for at least 30 minutes a day and just cut back on the amount I eat but I refuse to comprosmise and eat cardboard or drywall LOL - Danny

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin