So I follow a blog called Bless This Nest and she's got this really nifty give-away. We'll get to that in a moment.
What intrigued me was the fact that a company contacted her to do a review of their product. And she ended up with two carafes!
I thought to myself, "I like stuff. I like to talk (and write) about stuff. How do I get in on that action?"
So I went to the god of all knowing: Mr. Google. He never, ever, ever steers you wrong. You can get 500 hundred conflicting answers to ANY question. One of those answers is bound to be correct. Most of the time.
Mr. Google came up with several options, one of which I clicked on. That's his nature you know. He doesn't give you the entire answer until you click on one of the options given. Geez, you have to do some work.
So I give PayPerPost my blog URL and they decided I'm only worth a penny per word. I don't really know how they determine that. It could be the standard rate for all I know. But I was a little insulted.
A penny per word?
Then Hubby, piped in.
Honey, have you ever looked at the length of your posts? If they think they're getting a bargain at a penny per word, they are in for a rude awakening.
Didn't feel so bad anymore.
Anyway, now that I'd accepted my penny per word, they wanted me to "claim my blog".
To do this, I had to write a post containing a statement randomly generated by them. After claiming my blog, I could delete the post.
So here it is: Did you know, monkeys have 12 hairs at any one time?
Only twelve hairs? Those must be some incredibly long hairs because every monkey I've ever seen is extremely hairy.
Or is it that they have at least 12 hairs at any one time?
Well, that's pretty duh. Every monkey I've ever seen is extremely hairy (oooo, déjà vu).
This got me to thinking about other "did you know" type stuff.
Courtesy of Mr. Google, did you know:
- an aphid's reproductive cycle is so rapid, they are born pregnant. That would bite?
- a crocodile's tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth and can not move it? No wonder the don't announce their arrival right before they grab you and drag you under the water for a not so swift drowning.
- it is impossible to out swim a shark? Sharks reach speeds of 30 mph when attacking from below. Humans can swim about 2-5 mph. Boats in movies can only move about 20 mph - daaa-dum, daaa-dum, daa-dum, daa-dum, da-dum, da-dum, da-dum, da-dum.
- Kermit the frog is left-handed?
- cows poop 16 times per day?
- cows produce around 65 pounds of manure a day? Holy shi*t! That's about 4 lbs per poop!
- a group of goats is called a trip? Gives a whole new (albeit sick) meaning to trippin'.
Anywho, now you know.
Hard to believe this all started out as a post about a give away, isn't it? If you're interested, please stop by Bless This Nest and check out her review of the beautiful "Links Carafe" she's giving away.
- I sure learned a lot today. How about you?
- That carafe would sure look nice at my next dinner party. But if I don't win it, it's ok. I had a lot of fun writing this.