Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Fly

My husband has this tendency to leave his fly unzipped.

I don't get this. Normal operating procedure is:

  1. button/snap

  2. zip


Two steps. How hard can it be?

Yet, almost daily, I remind him to zip his fly.

So this morning, I signed and rolled my eyes. Then said, "Honey, your fly."

His response, "Heh, heh. I left that open for you."

I thought to myself, "Oh, the privileged life I lead. I live to wipe snotty noses, change pee soaked sheets, find missing socks and remind others to zip up. Yes, it's a privileged life."

Silver Lining:
  1. I have noses to wipe, sheets to change and those socks eventually turn up. It means we have children to love, warm beds to sleep in and clothes on our backs.

  2. I have a husband who makes me smile daily and whose absentmindedness on this issue reminds of me of the good things I have in this world.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin