Friday, June 11, 2010

News

In my mind, "News" means that something is basically NEW information. Information that isn't necessarily common knowledge.

Based on my "official" source (dictionary.com), I'd say I'm right on track with this definition.

news   /nuz, nyuz/ –noun ( usually used with a singular verb )
  1. a report of a recent event; intelligence; information.

  2. the presentation of a report on recent or new events in a newspaper or other periodical or on radio or television.

  3. such reports taken collectively; information reported.

  4. a person, thing, or event considered as a choice subject for journalistic treatment; newsworthy material. Compare copy ( def. 5 ).

  5. newspaper.

  6. newscast.


So I'd like to know who thought it was newsworthy to report this:


Really?

Voters Unhappy?

Only the people living under a rock are going to say, "Holy Cr@p! I'm going into shock! How can this be?"

Voters have been unhappy for well over a year now. This is in no way, shape or form NEWS!

Silver Lining:
  1. You all should be pleased this is as far as Pollyanna is willing to step into politics. I'd have to put on my witch Halloween costume year round otherwise.

  2. I haven't been living under a rock (or a cave) and I occassionally take off the rose colored glasses so I didn't die of a heart attack when I read that headline. You all will be graced with my pressence and or oddball stories for awhile longer :)

1 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Unknown said...

Your blog name alone makes me crack up!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin