Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Feel Bloggin' Awesome

I see lots of people ushering in fall by either changing their blog backgrounds, headers or adding some other fall-ish looking stuff. I’m all pink and perky, but not wanting to be the dork who’s behind the trend, I’ve gone ahead and put on my Halloween costume. Blew them spiderwebs right out of my head. Bet you’ve never seen ones in those colors before. (Hey, I’m pink and perky and that ain’t changing anytime soon – you’ll just have to deal with it)

Now that I’ve cleared those out, I'm reminded of something.

Just over a month ago Mrs. Newlywed Giggles gave me an award and I forgot to do a post thanking her.

* head hanging in shame *



It’s so true; you make friends with people you’ve never met. Mrs. Newlywed Giggles (I don't know what she's going to call herself in a few weeks when her anniversary comes up) opens her life (particularly the ups & downs of that first year of marriage) to her readers and over the course of a year I have come to consider her a friend as well.

In the bloggity, blog world we openly (mostly) share our lives and I feel like I’ve gotten to know several of you as well. I’d even hang out with you if you lived nearby. I’m super friendly that way.

Anyway, in order to keep this lovely award, I have to give it away. Now, I consider several of you my friends, but I’m supposed to limit it to five. And I know some of you aren’t into the whole award thing, but I felt you were worthy. Don’t feel obligated to do a post or pass it on. Consider it a gift to you from me :)

For the "Circle of Friends Award", I have chosen:



If you choose to pass the award on, please do the following:
  1. Nominate 5 other bloggers that you feel have become part of your circle of friends in the blogger world

  2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your blog post, to show your appreciation.

  3. Comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.



Speaking of Bob, he gave me an award too!



In case you're wondering, that expression means, "I Love Your Bog."

Bob makes me laugh (you know how much I like to do that) with every one of his posts and with every comment he leaves for me. His adventuresome life stories are hysterical - sometimes he sets himself up for an adventure, but it seems that most of the time adventure just has a knack for finding him. Some times I shake my head and think, "It could only happen to Bob."

There are a few bloggers I'd like to share this with as well. Again, don't feel obligated to pass it on if you don't feel like it - I just wanted you to know that I love your blog.

Blogs I love (and you should too so visit them):




Please visit all these bloggers - they're awesome!

Silver lining:
  1. Do I really need one? It's so wonderful to know that my fellow bloggers think of me as worthy of these awards.

  2. I'm grateful for all my readers. What would I do without you?

13 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Andrea said...

Congrats on your awards. I'm lovin your spooky header:)

plainolebob said...

Wow Thanks Polly.
man i need to write one these stories out I got in my saved posy thingy, they only been lettin me on here for 20-30mins.at a time right now, but should be all healed up soon.
I got some reall funny stories,I think they might be funny any way, commin up soon as they release me to.

Sarahviz said...

Thanks for the linky love - and I'm loving your new fall look, my dear!
(No hugs tho b/c I'm still prob carrying germs from my Trenches!)

Cougar Tales said...

Congrats on your awards...and, to the winners: Congrats, I wil lbe stopping by soon! Looking to check out some new sites for fun and inspiration.
- Cougs
www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I'm just getting the hang of actually writing a blog. Changing my "look" for the season is beyond my ability as of yet. I love your look, and congrats on the awards.

Sue

Unknown said...

congrats on your awards!

I am hosting a Blog For A Cure Blog Party over at Who Knew? Reviews, (www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com) starting today and running all week! Great way to get new followers, win great prizes, and support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

Kenya said...

Pick that head up, no hanging in shame!

Thanks for the "shout out" bloggy friend. :)

The Grown-Up Child said...

Love the Halloween makeover. So cute!

Alice in Wonderland said...

I just popped over from Bobs site to say a big Hi! He gave me an award, so I guess I'll have to go around and thank everyone! I have been reading some of your posts, and I noticed that you had changed your header, but the, I'm always changing mine, just because I'm worth it!
I'll be a regular reader here now!
Cross my heart!!!

sweetjeanette said...

Hi there! Visiting from SITS. We would so hang together if you were here in FL. I love laughing too. (much better than crying, but pouting can come in handy sometime!)

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

plainolebob said...

Polly,
I just remembered this.
the new preacher in the little town wanted to go and me the church members, and invite them to a welcome sermon.
1st house he knocked on the door, lady answered the door, Conway Twitty, she yelled. Uh er no Maam, I'm the new preacher inviting you for my first sermon.
@nd house, he knocks on the door, lady answered the door, Conway Twitty, she yelled. Uh er no Maam,I'm the new preacher inviting you to my first sermon.
3rd house, he knocks on the door, lady comes in the door with a lacy black teddy, really pretty woman, very well built
, and exposing much, she yells out Conway Twitty
Hello Dahlin

plainolebob said...

anyone home, hello hello, quit hiding in there.
CAUSE you just Won your very own, one of a kind, today only
Ta Da
Mr.Bob Bloggers award.
YAY YAY

Bess says hi
HUGS

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Congrats on your awards.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin