Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'm a Babe!

Do you remember that movie Airplane?

You know, the one with Leslie Neilson and that awesome speech his character (Rumack) gave to Ted Striker? The speech went something like this:

Well, I don't have anything to say, you've done the best you could. You really have, the best you could. You can't expect to win em all. But, I want to tell you something I've kept to myself through these years. I was in the war myself, medical corps. I was on late duty one night when they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He could barely talk. He looked at me and said, "The odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway, I'm glad the Captain made the right decision." The pilot's name was George Zip. The last thing he said to me, "Doc," he said, "some time when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper."

Well, here's your chance to "win one for the Zipper."

There is a contest to name the top ten blogs amongst the Babes in Blogland. Being a delicious babe myself, I think I am definately one of the top ten - if not number one :)

It's up to you, my loyal readers, to place a vote for me. See that cute little red picture that says, "VOTE FOR ME" above it? I'll give you a minute.

Yes, that's the one.

Now click it, and "Life Makes Me Laugh" is the sixth one on the list.

Please, oh please take a moment to vote for me!!

The contest closes on August 20th, but don't worry I'll keep reminding you with every post (I'm just annoying that way).


Silver Lining:

1. I've already got one vote! Nevermind that it was me voting for myself - I'm just being honest here.

2. I have all of you wonderful, faithful, loyal, reliable, wouldn't-leave-me-hangin' readers.

"Just want to tell you folks good luck, we're all counting on you."
Well, I'm counting on you. Thanks for not letting me down. No pressure or anything.

7 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

- Jan - said...

I clicked and I voted ... just for you! Good luck :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I am going to go vote now :)

The Mom said...

I didn't vote for you because of who you are, but for the content of your blogs. They really ROCK. Besides, what kind of Mother would I be if I didn't vote for you???

Good luck.....and by the way, you are in the lead. Can we vote more than once??:):)

Anonymous said...

I just voted for you and you hold the lead....woo hoo! Go M! - Danny

KeishaMama said...

Wow, plus mine, you are up to 11 votes now :) Good luck!

Andrea said...

To grab an award click HERE ;)

Euroangel said...

this is cool....will cast my vote now...good luck!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin