Sunday, July 18, 2010

To Be Cool, Skip The Flip-Flops

We went to a visitation for one of Hubby's co-worker's father. I have a rule. You wear a tie to funerals & weddings. Beyond that, I can be somewhat lenient.

Hubby has one white shirt, which is reserved solely for funerals & job interviews. Some may say that's one in the same, but anywho. . .

A white shirt always looks better when an undershirt is worn. Since there weren't any short sleeved undershirts clean, a "wife beater" was worn.

Now, I need to paint you a picture. I have to paint it because it's too late, he already changed.

Imagine in front of you, a brown-eyed, blond looking really sharp in his crisp white shirt, tie, pleated charcoal slacks, black socks, & shiny black shoes. When he smiles, there's even a little twinkle.

As soon as we got home, he went upstairs to change into something cooler. Cooler as in temperature, not as in well-dressed.

Now, I need to paint you a new picture. I need to paint this one because Hubby wouldn't let me take one with a camera.

He came downstairs in the wife-beater, jean shorts (with the fly unzipped), his black socks and flip flops.

I looked at him with complete & utter disbelief. Cupie was looking at him funny too.

"You know Dad, those flip-flops just don't go."

Great job pointing that out Sweety. You're right, the flip-flops are the only thing not making that outfit.

Silver Lining:

  1. We were indoors and the blinds were closed.

  2. He's cooking dinner right now. As long as I don't have to cook, I guess he can wear whatever he wants.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin