Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Parrots

There are a lot of Americans (and I suppose non-Americans too) who have strong opinions on the current President of the United States.

One such person is the mother of a friend of mine. This woman is addicted to the news networks, whether it be CNN, MSN, FOX, etc. AND she watches her grandchildren fairly often.

My in-laws have a rule: What happens at Nana's, stays at Nana's. This includes what is said, watched, done, not done, etc.

It will become very obvious soon, but it seems like the same is true with my friend's mother.

Anywho, my friend, with children in tow, walked in to a VERY crowded McDonald's. One of the nice ones with the big aquarium and TV's everywhere.

As she and her children stood in line, a news story about the POTUS came on the TV.

Her youngest son, taking note of the story, pointed at the screen and very loudly asked, "Is that the man who's going to ruin our country?"

There are only two reactions here: Laugh hysterically. Or die of embarrassment.

Regardless, I'm glad it wasn't me.

Silver Lining:

  1. My friend is still alive so that whole "die of embarrassment" thing is a myth.

  2. I am seeking new and effective ways of needling information out of my kids so that I can avoid this type of situation. Although, I don't think my parents or my in-laws are quite this opinionated on the subject. But you never know . . .


Photobucket

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin