Sunday, April 26, 2009

It’s A Major Award!

Oh, my gosh!

I totally know how the dad in A Christmas Story felt when he received the huge crate labeled “FRA-GI-LE”!

I just got notification that I have won Neno’s Award!

Thank you to MzzLily for passing it on to me. I’m honored to know that I inject just a smidge of humor into your life.

Neno's_Award_icon

This award is:

  1. A dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging
  2. To seek reasons why we all love blogging.

I LOVE writing my blog. I could stop there because I really just love doing it, but I guess my acceptance speech needs to have a little more meat so I’ll continue.

I really like to tell stories and gracious listeners have often said I should write this stuff down. I’ve always blown them off because, who would want to read my stories – I’m a great story teller, but never thought of myself as a writer. Finally, one day, to shut them all up, I started my blog.

At first, I sent the first few lines to family & friends with a link to my blog for the rest of the story. Imagine my surprise when I had people ask to be added to the e-mail distribution. Okay, maybe I had something here.

Then, instead of hearing, “You should write this stuff down,” I started hearing, “I don’t know where you find the time.” This is from the same people who encouraged me to write!

To answer the “time” question – this stuff writes itself. We’re all just a bunch of silly people doing silly things. I’m just a witness who can spin ho-hum into ho-ho-hee-hee-haa-haa.

My next attempt at getting attention was in adding the “Followers” gadget. For all I knew, my family & friends were just being nice. Wouldn’t you know it, people wanted to read my stories – like regularly. Cool!

Now, I have this award! You like me! You really, really like me!

Aims of this award:

  1. As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
  2. To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
  3. Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
  4. Don’t forget to mention the person who gave you the award.
  5. Answer the reward’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
  6. Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.

Since I received the award, I am grateful for the recognition of my dedication – that covers #1.

For #2, I got some reasons in reading MzzLily’s acceptance speech and hope to see some more from those receiving the award from me (see #6).

This is the post so I’ve got #3.

As for #4, I mentioned her above, but she’s worth mentioning again – thank you again MzzLily for presenting me with Neno’s Award!

I’ve covered #5 above the “Aims.”

Now, for #6. I’d like to recognize the following:

http://darkstormyloopy.blogspot.com/

http://ididntgetthemessage.blogspot.com/

http://pwnstaraction.blogspot.com/

http://www.outnumberedonline.com/

Silver lining:

  1. I’m going to be happy tonight!
  2. I’m just so honored (I always roll my eyes during award shows, but now I know it’s true)!

8 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Out-Numbered said...

Thank you my friend! As you stated above, it is a great honor indeed... You made my day!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so honored - especially from a fellow Wisconsinite.

Thank you!

- Jan - said...

Congrat's! You totally deserve this award since you've made me laugh and learn at the same time since the first time I read your stories. Please keep posting! :)

The Mom said...

I never thought all your yakking would end up to this - from little on you ALWAYS had something to say.

I'm so very proud you have touched so many lifes with your humorous side and made their days brighter. You are a funny lady and I know there was never a dull moment in our house:)

It's a great honor to have you as my daughter. Congratulations...........

Unknown said...

I am super excited for you! I have to agree with The Mom about all your yakking! hehe Who knew we would really need the red carpet! I am so honored to just live around the corner from you...
I love ya and had fun watching all of the drunks on Sat. as I was not one of them. My noggin loves your bloggin.

Love,

Barbie :)

Pollyanna said...

Thanks everyone!

I am truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

W00t!!! You deserve just such an award! I always *heart* your blogs and comments.

;o)

And thanks for sharing with me.

{{BIG HUG}}

Bretthead said...

I love Christmas Story, btw. Thanks for the award. I have been on vacation and unexpectedly have to extend it. So I'm very slow to keep up on the blogging world. But I'll do something, if anything to harass you for this!! :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin