Oh, my gosh!
I totally know how the dad in A Christmas Story felt when he received the huge crate labeled “FRA-GI-LE”!
I just got notification that I have won Neno’s Award!
Thank you to MzzLily for passing it on to me. I’m honored to know that I inject just a smidge of humor into your life.
This award is:
- A dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging
- To seek reasons why we all love blogging.
I LOVE writing my blog. I could stop there because I really just love doing it, but I guess my acceptance speech needs to have a little more meat so I’ll continue.
I really like to tell stories and gracious listeners have often said I should write this stuff down. I’ve always blown them off because, who would want to read my stories – I’m a great story teller, but never thought of myself as a writer. Finally, one day, to shut them all up, I started my blog.
At first, I sent the first few lines to family & friends with a link to my blog for the rest of the story. Imagine my surprise when I had people ask to be added to the e-mail distribution. Okay, maybe I had something here.
Then, instead of hearing, “You should write this stuff down,” I started hearing, “I don’t know where you find the time.” This is from the same people who encouraged me to write!
To answer the “time” question – this stuff writes itself. We’re all just a bunch of silly people doing silly things. I’m just a witness who can spin ho-hum into ho-ho-hee-hee-haa-haa.
My next attempt at getting attention was in adding the “Followers” gadget. For all I knew, my family & friends were just being nice. Wouldn’t you know it, people wanted to read my stories – like regularly. Cool!
Now, I have this award! You like me! You really, really like me!
Aims of this award:
- As a dedication for those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
- To seek the reasons why we all love blogging.
- Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it.
- Don’t forget to mention the person who gave you the award.
- Answer the reward’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
- Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
Since I received the award, I am grateful for the recognition of my dedication – that covers #1.
For #2, I got some reasons in reading MzzLily’s acceptance speech and hope to see some more from those receiving the award from me (see #6).
This is the post so I’ve got #3.
As for #4, I mentioned her above, but she’s worth mentioning again – thank you again MzzLily for presenting me with Neno’s Award!
I’ve covered #5 above the “Aims.”
Now, for #6. I’d like to recognize the following:
- I’m going to be happy tonight!
- I’m just so honored (I always roll my eyes during award shows, but now I know it’s true)!