Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Every Queen Needs A Wand

You may not know this, but I have a home based business. It's one of the home party genre.

So, I earned a tiara for being the queen of recruiting. I've never had a tiara, and I was most excited about it.

I'm such a dork.

I was traveling to Boston for a conference where I was expected to wear my tiara to the formal events. One of the events was on the first night, and I didn't have a good way to pack it. Both my suitcase & carry on were quite full so I thought, "I'll just wear it."

I did up my hair, put on the tiara, arranged my hair around it and headed to the airport.

Before you ask, yes, I put got dressed too. I didn't just flounce around in my tiara.

Going through security, the tiara set off the metal detector. Of course, the guy wanted me to take it off.

In my head, I was whining, "But I have it tucked all nice in my hair . . ."

I pulled myself together and said, "Can't you just wand me?"

He said, "That's your choice."

I said, "OK," thinking he would just pull out some wand and go up one side and down the other.

He had me step to the side and called for "female assistance at security."

Huh???

A female security guard appeared with a wand in hand.

I thought "Surely, he could have done this. It's just a wand."

No.

It's not just a wand.

She went up one side and down the other all right.

She went around each bare foot.

Each arm.

The armpits. Which is where my under wire set off the alarm, and a back of the hand pat down occurred.

She went all around me. E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!

Fortunately, I passed inspection and I went on my way.

Let's just say, I will find a way to pack the tiara on the way home.

Silver Lining:

  1. It wasn't degrading in anyway. The gal was very professional.
  2. The flight attendant and others did ask about the tiara. I told them I was the queen of recruiting, but I wish I had made up a princess story or something. I'm just not that quick on my feet, I guess.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin