Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Theme Song(s)

If I Had A Million Dollars

I love that song by the Barenaked Ladies (most awesome band name ever). It's so cute. Back when finances weren't so tight, it was fun and fanciful.

In fact, Hubby and I would drop everything to dance with each other when it came on. I was even late for work once because of it.

I've never bought a green dress, but I know the first thing Hubby better get me when we win the lottery (that we don't play). Well, I guess it would come after he got a monkey. He's always wanted a monkey.

Completely aside from green dresses and monkeys, Travie McCoy has upped the ante with the most recent money song to hit the charts. The one that starts "I wanna be a Billionaire, so fricking bad."

That "fricking" comes from the radio version.

I. HAD. NO. IDEA. it was anything else until Hubby looked it up on U-Tube because he had never heard it. Good thing the kids weren't in the room.

I guess a million dollars is just too passe these days?

Like, if it was, "I wanna be a millionaire, so fricking bad," he would get laughed at?

A la, Dr. Evil in Austin Powers.

I like lasers.

Actually, I just like saying "laay zehrs" with my pinkie finger up by my mouth and "surprise" eyebrows.

OK, enough about that - let's just open a whole bag of "sht" on the laser matter.

Anywho, a more accurate theme song for my life is, "Money, Money, Money" by ABBA.

I work all night
I work all day
To pay the bills
I have to pay

*sigh*

No one said life was going to be a bowl of cherries, right?

Silver Lining:
  1. Really, we have been blessed. As the Rolling Stones said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need."

  2. And it's a good thing you Can't Buy Me Love. Because I wouldn't sell the love I have for or get from my family even if it made me a billionaire.

Photobucket

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin