Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trippin'

I can be a good doobey.

I turn the water off while I'm brushing my teeth.

I let in as much natural light as I can during the day.

I plan my errands so that I make a loop instead of a zig-zag, back & forth, curli-que, jacked-up route.

I put cardboard in the recycle bin.

It's that last one that's tricky though.

In our house, there are a few simple steps to be taken in order to effectively (and safely) move cardboard to the recycle bin on the back patio:

  1. Gather cardboard near the back door.

  2. Break down/flatten cardboard boxes.

  3. Move cardboard directly into the recycle bin.


A very simple list indeed.

Three steps. Outlined neatly.

What happens when you skip a step?

Or worse, add a step?

This:


is what happens when you fail to break down a box (step 2) and move the boxes from the back door area to the back porch instead of taking them directly to the recycle bin (step 3).

There is a reason there is no step 2a! Dorks like me catch their foot on the fully assembled box while trying to step over it onto a 12X12 clear space on the back porch.


I landed flat on my back at the bottom of those three little steps.

OUCH!

Silver Lining:
  1. I didn't break any bones! Not even a fracture, even though I'm sure I heard some weird crunching noises as I went down.

  2. Hubby & the kids were inside so they were able to come to my rescue. Stinkles even hooked me up with a band-aid on my elbow. Oddly, the abrasion on my leg never started bleeding - all that is under the skin. That said, my leg is now my greatest source of pain since something did penetrate and form an infection under the skin - yay!


Photobucket

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin