Friday, August 28, 2009

Third Dear So and So Letters

Dear So and So...


Dear Lady in Front of Me at the Hardee's Drive-thru:

Thank you so much for buying my breakfast! It was such a delightful surprise to pull up to the window and be told that I didn't have to pay for my two egg & cheese biscuits.

May God Bless You,
Pollyanna

Dear Hardee's Drive-thru Worker:

Make sure you give me the right bag next time! I didn't know until I got to work that the bag didn't have my order in it.

Hungry,
Pollyanna


That’s all I’ve got to say. To see what others are saying, visit Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow.

Silver Lining:

  1. The free meal was not a complete waste. A couple of my co-workers divided it up and had a delightful breakfast.

  2. It was a really great feeling this morning. Thank the Lord that there are still generous people out there.

17 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

a.l.b. said...

I LOVE me some Hardee's!!! It's just to bad we don't have them in New Mexico. and at least it wasn't a total waste of food!

Chelsie said...

Glad to hear God is providing, even if it wasn't what you wanted for breakfast.

Captain Dumbass said...

Last Remembrance Day I saw a guy pay for a veterans gas. He had finished pumping his own and saw the veteran sticker on the older man's car and went in ahead and paid. Then he just left.

Jenni said...

the drive thru ALWAYS gets my order wrong.

and captian, that is a great story!

plainolebob said...

man that makes me want to share my six pack, no maybe not, bess loves hardees, and she always gets a free meal, mr bob style.

MommyBrain said...

I love fast food breakfast sandwiches - my biggest 1st trimester craving - yum! And I've paid for the person behind me a few times but not recently - thanks for the remind, I plan to do that again soon :)

Megan said...

oh my gosh, I hate that. I hate hate hate it. I am one of those people who will go all the way back to the place just to complain! :-)

Sue said...

I love to hear "pay it forward" or maybe I should say backward stories. It seems to happen fairly often at our local Starbucks. Sorry the order wasn't right, but the good vibes made up for it I'm sure.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

That's funny. And they say there is no free lunch. For sure, there is a free breakfast. What a day brightener that must have been for you and for the person who paid.

Miss. Candy said...

I haven't had a Hardee's in years, they closed ours!!! I was a big fan of the $6 burger, I think that was what it was called! I hate when they don't give you a straw in the bag and your half way down the road!

If you get time, stop by my blog and play my new "Fairytale Friday" for my first ever "Back to School Bucks" $50 giveaway!

Miss. Candy said...

Ok, so my comment above had a bad link to my blog in the name sorry, so here is my comment repost! lol!

I haven't had a Hardee's in years, they closed ours!!! I was a big fan of the $6 burger, I think that was what it was called! I hate when they don't give you a straw in the bag and your half way down the road!

If you get time, stop by my blog and play my new "Fairytale Friday" for my first ever "Back to School Bucks" $50 giveaway!

Cougar Tales said...

There is an athlete (can't think of the name) that does something similar. When he and his family go out to dinner, they all decide on one table that they want to pay the bill for. On the way out, they pay the bill for the table. Isn't that nice?!
- CougarTales
http://cougar-tales.blogspot.com/

Big Mama Cass said...

Wow! How neat is that!!?? I have never had anyone do that before. Very sweet. :)

Pseudo said...

Wow your letters are so much nicer and inspiring than mine ; -)

I don't believe I know what a Hardee's is...

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Hearing you chuckle over this allows me to chuckle over the fact that, to get change for a $20, I went through a Wendy's drive-thru and ordered a small, unsweetened tea with lemon. From the time I shouted in the pole with a speaker ("Would you like to try a......?" "No, but I will take a..........") until the time I had my $19 and tea in hand, I had to repeat FOUR times, "I'll take a small, unsweetened tea with lemon." I felt like I earned that tea!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Morning! Popping over from SITS roll call to say hello.

When I was working, I used to do this sometimes when I'd run through the drive through to grab a quick lunch. Although it's meant to be a random act of kindness, I admit I always wondered what the people behind me thought, and how it affected their day!

That said, you know I don't get why those fast food drive throughs mess up so many orders! It drives me crazy. We don't do fast food often these days since I'm home to cook, but it seems every single time we do, they mess up our order. We have taken to checking the bag quickly before driving off now, even if it holds up the line a few seconds.

I miss Hardees biscuits on the way to work.

Have a great week!

Alyssa said...

HAHAH! That was so funny! I love how you put it in letters. I love your site! Thanks for giving my day a little laugh!

http://anewdayanewthing.blogspot.com/

Alyssa

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin