Thursday, August 27, 2009

Calendars Are Awesome!

I’ve discovered these nifty things called an Outlook calendar AND a Google calendar. They interface with each other so you can put the wrong information in one and it will transfer the wrong information to the other.

Isn’t that fantastic?!?!

On Tuesday night, my dad called me. I was out walking with Stinkles and by the time I got home and got the kids in bed, it was pretty late so I didn’t call him back.

I figured I knew what he was calling about. He was probably calling to remind me that my stepmom’s birthday was Wednesday. I’m classic for forgetting birthdays.

Yesterday (Wednesday, in case you forgot today was Thursday, or if you're reading this some other time far into the future and it is not a Thursday), I sent her an e-mail wishing her a happy birthday. I didn’t want things to go kerplewy in the evening, not be able to call, and have her think that I forgot.

I can't forget because it's in my handy dandy calendars, right?

Besides it was her birthday, and who doesn’t like to get special notes on their birthday or accept hundreds of birthday wishes?

So this is the e-mail I sent her at quarter to three:

I've had a very busy day here at work so I didn't get to send you a note until now.

Dad called last night - I'm sure to remind me that it's your birthday today. But I got smart and put it on my calendar (duh!)

Hope you've had a good birthday so far! I'll call tonight.

Love,
Me


This is the e-mail I got back:

You guys are way too funny. My birthday was 10 days ago, but I did have a good day.

Love ya.


Are you kidding me???

So I sent this back:

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. 16, not 26? Are you sure?

I am so sorry. Here I am thinking that I was all smart. Boy, I am a dummy.

I'll still call you tonight.

Love,
Me


I promptly fixed the calendar.

Silver lining:

  1. I did call, and we had a pretty good laugh at my expense.

  2. I learned that no system is fool proof. It’s only as good as the information some idiot puts in it.

  3. ”Duh!” has a whole new, giggly meaning for us.

9 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Patti (@TheLoveJunkee) said...

I love that you asked her if she was sure about the date of her own birthday! haha!

Visiting from SITS...

Sue said...

Been there, done that and with a handwritten calendar. At least she was a good sport about it!

Unknown said...

Funny story! At least she was a good sport about it :)

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Oh no! Sounds like something I would do. I'm terrible with dates and I'm always crazy busy.

Thankfully she wasn't upset and could laugh with you about it!

Anonymous said...

Silly yesterday (26th) was my birthday..
manda

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh too thanx. I thought you had ruined a surprize party. but you didnt thankfully. you just forgot to go. Im glad Im not the only one who forgets things

plainolebob said...

wowzoo, pulled a real bobber there, bess is noddin her head, yup yup

Jill said...

omg.. did I get a laugh out of this. I love when people blame it on the machine and it was the engineer the whole time.. Too funny... thank goodness she was able to laugh about it too.

Cougar Tales said...

I can relate! I keep a birthday list on my computer and have a note in my calendar to review the list on the 1st of every month...then I write out all my cards and send them out! :-)
- CougarTales
http://www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin