Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I’m Feelin’ the Love

I received the Noblesse Oblige award today! Thank you so much 1.000.000 Project!

I still can’t believe my little blog is liked by so many.

noblesse_oblige_award


The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:

1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.



Reading these recognition points, I wasn’t so sure I fit the bill – it was the “clear purpose” part that was giving me trouble. But after thinking about it a little more, I realized I did have a purpose. Thank goodness, I didn’t want have to turn down my award!!! I’ve been honored three times this week, but I’ll try not to let it go to my head.

So what is my purpose, you say?

It’s to bring a bit of sunshine into someone’s life everyday. I may not post everyday, but I can see I have visitors on a daily basis :)

Hopefully, I lighten the load for someone who may be going through the same thing. I’m sure my positive outlook on the every day calamities, gives others hope that they can get through a similar experience.

On a personal level, I have an outlet for my creative side. I’m an accountant (you would have never guessed that, would you?) so the right side of my brain gets used a lot.

The left side of my brain was really needing some serious exercise. I could feel the left half atrophy-ing. So much so I started getting a little “Night at the Roxbury” action going on. The weight of my head had shifted to the right, pulling the right side toward my shoulder. Naturally, I felt like I had to pull it back to the left, but never quite got my head to stay upright.

My other purpose is to reach out to my fellow bloggers. Giving you all a reason to read, and getting your comments, validates the goofy crap that happens in my life. Like in my post about my workplace restroom, I had so many comments about everyone else’s pet peeves and experiences, I felt justified in my oddball observations. Sometimes I feel like it’s just me who experiences these things, but it turns out, you guys are just as messed up :)

Not only do many of all your posts boost me up when I’m feeling down, I get ideas on how to deal with my children, my stalkers, my most embarrassing situations, financial issues, etc. Sometimes I even have something to offer up in return.

Keep the comments coming. Your feedback brightens my day a validates my principal purpose – to brighten your day and at least give you a reason to giggle.

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.

In light of the conditions above, I would now like to present this award to:

http://jennscornertable.blogspot.com/

Silver lining:

  1. There are so many talented bloggers out there, it was hard to choose just one.
  2. Jenn's strength is unmeasurable in my eyes and should be an inspiration to us all.

3 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Jenn said...

I am so honored. Thank you! I will be blogging more tomorrow and I will definitely add it to my page! Jenn

Lillian Robinson said...

I made it. Except for the awards, and the background, all the art in my blogs is homemade, or at least home-tweeked. I use photos I like or ones I take and then add the text to it, usually in paint. Quite simple.

As for the other, I'm going to have to learn to do that. I spend too much time reading everything! But I love them!

anymommy said...

Congrats! I love your reasons for blogging.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin