Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Shoe Monster


I got this e-mail from my sister this afternoon and it was just too good to keep to myself. This is straight out of the e-mail - I couldn't have written this story any better myself. (My comments or supplemental information is in white.) This picture is obviously not from the photo studio, but dang, I just had to show off how cute my niece, Lulu, is.
Here's the e-mail:

I have been busy today, on my day off. Went to get Lulu's 1st birthday pictures taken (even though she turned one 2 months ago). Let’s just say I started at 10:30 this morning and I just got home 30 minutes ago (It’s 3:30 now). Oh yea, and I lost one of Lulu's shoes along the way!!

We left the house with her barefoot. I made sure I packed her shoes for the photo shoot. Lulu finds shoes fascinating. On any given day, we can only find 1 shoe out of the set. She likes to move them around the house and put them in different places. We find the other half of the set in her hiding places, like the toy box, the bathroom trash, her highchair, the diaper chest. We as a family struggle every morning trying to find a matching pair of shoes. Lulu is a little stinker.

At the studio, we are on the last outfit change, and what do you know, I can't find the other shoe!!! I thought I was losing my mind, I knew I packed both shoes. I still can't find that damn shoe!!!

Went to the Mills to have her pictures taken and their camera didn't work due to the storm. Had to then drive out to the other Kiddie Kandids 35 minutes away! They only have ONE sitting area. Luckily, the Mills store called ahead of time for me to get me in. We started at 12:00 and pictures were complete by 12:30. Then, we had to wait for others in front of us to finish deciding what pictures they wanted. THEY WERE THERE FOR ANOTHER HOUR!!! My god, really!!!! I already knew want I wanted and what I needed (only took 10 minutes – we both use this photo studio all the time so we’ve got it down to a science)!!! They only had one computer to set your orders on. The family before me was sooo undecided. I wanted to get bitchy and say, "Excuse me, can I just place my order real quick?" But I kept my cool, we know how hard that is sometime- LOL!!!

Silver lining:
1. Lulu was a trooper. She didn't get a morning nap, but she didn't get fussy at the portrait studio. She was very good.
2. She is passed out upstairs right now.


9 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

The Mouthy Housewives said...

Gosh, I think I need a nap after all that.

Ziggy Stardust said...

She is beautiful and what a nice story.

Anne

J said...

kids crack me up. she hides her shoes? she sounds like a blast to be around.

SquirrelQueen said...

She is so cute, hard to believe she has a dark side, hiding one of each pair of shoes? Too funny.

SQ

The Mom said...

LuLu may become a "shoetologist" someday!

When I was visiting the end of May I notice her doing this for entertainment. Pick up a shoe, take it someplace, go back to the area she took the shoe from, turn around and laugh than proceed to retrieve the shoe again! It was a never ending game and very cute to watch:)

Sorry about the lost of one shoe, but she SURE IS CUTE and her grandma loves her.

Pollyanna said...

I have a follow up!

Sissy called me this morning and said, "Just so you know, you should always check the pantry for missing shoes."

At some point before they left the house Lulu got into the diaper bag and took the gosh darn shoe out. LITTLE STINKER!!!!

The Mom said...

She sure is a little busy body:):)

I'm so happy the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Listening to these stories bring back sooooo many memories.

I love your blog (and you too:)

Andrea said...

Actually I like your template lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... I was the kid who always lost a shoe. Sometimes I would throw it away just for the fun....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin