Monday, October 12, 2009

Monk Moves

If you've never seen the show Monk (Tony Shalhoub) on USA, you should really check it out. Monk is a neurotic ex-detective for the San Francisco police department. He notices stuff, puts the pieces together, and neatly solves crimes for the police. His big problem is that he's an obsessive-compulsive with a phobia for everything - from milk to monkeys, charcoal to caves, harmonicas to heights, slime to spiders. It's hysterical the lengths he will go to avoid a phobia.

Anywho, Cupie wanted to play in the basement yesterday. No biggie, the bulk of the "big" toys are down there - kitchen set, humongous Barbie house, etc.

I was busy signing a sale contract for our old house (we still own it, two years after we moved out) when I heard a blood curdling scream. I looked at Hubby who just sat on the couch completely ignoring Cupie's cries. I was busy. He was just sitting on the couch (well, he might have been working on something I asked him to do, but he was closer to the basement door so he totally should have jumped to his feet).

There was a spider!

A big, hairy, fast one!

Getting on a chair wasn't high enough for Cupie. She pulled a total Monk move by climbing up on a table - because the fear of spiders totally trumps the fear of heights.

Silver Lining:

  1. Daddy was once again a super hero for killing the spider. For his past heroic acts, click here.

  2. For everyone who seen an episode of Monk, this is pretty funny. For anyone who hasn't, sorry if you don't get the post.

5 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Sue said...

I've seen the show a couple times. I have a few of those phobia type things myself, so I totally get this. I wouldn't be on a table for a spider...but, a snake...I'd be hanging from the ceiling! How is it that husbands tune out screaming kids?

Sue

plainolebob said...

Polly, I totally git it.amd it is hilly harryious. You alwasy got the best, and hubby comes though agin.
BIG BIG HUGS

Anonymous :) said...

Acted that way myself a couple days ago when I saw a lime green lizard in my bedroom. Husband to the rescue. For spiders, I might have climbed higher.

Jacquie said...

I actually just finished watching the new episode from last week, you know the one where Monk was the sane one?? I would have been screaming over the spider too though!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I have been meaning to watch that show. Maybe I will have to add it to my netflix list.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin