Friday, June 25, 2010

Lettin' Loose

I can let loose. Especially when I'm upset about something.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I can "cuss like a sailor", but I've got a mouth on me.

Can't find my keys?

I always put them on the d@mn hook. If he took my . . . Oh, I swear. #*%&! I GOTTA GO! FOR HEAVENS SAKE, WHERE THE H*LL ARE MY KEYS? Crap, here they are. Where's my #*%&ing purse?


I dropped an egg on the floor?
F*ckity, #*%&, #*%&, #*%&!


There's less money in the checking account than I expected?
Where the h*ll are we going to make this up? SH!T, this s*cks!


If I'm not upset, I'm really good at substituting other words:
Shoot
Gosh Darn
Fiddlesticks


I'm sure you all can figure out what those words are substituting. We all have our own substitutions, don't we?

My friend Demi has a substitution too.

We were in the car yesterday discussing the pending refinance of her house. When I told her an appraisal could cost around $200 - $250, she said, "Oh, swear-word!"

Seriously.

That's not me substituting for her, she actually substituted a swear word by saying, "swear-word."

Silver Lining:
  1. Turns out the cost of the appraisal was already included in the amount she was paying the mortgage broker so it wasn't over & above what she was expecting.

  2. Sorry for the potty mouth post. I'll try to restrain my fingers from only uttering words no more offensive than "crap" from now on.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin