In my mind, "News" means that something is basically NEW information. Information that isn't necessarily common knowledge.
Based on my "official" source (dictionary.com), I'd say I'm right on track with this definition.
news /nuz, nyuz/ –noun ( usually used with a singular verb )
- a report of a recent event; intelligence; information.
- the presentation of a report on recent or new events in a newspaper or other periodical or on radio or television.
- such reports taken collectively; information reported.
- a person, thing, or event considered as a choice subject for journalistic treatment; newsworthy material. Compare copy ( def. 5 ).
So I'd like to know who thought it was newsworthy to report this:
Only the people living under a rock are going to say, "Holy Cr@p! I'm going into shock! How can this be?"
Voters have been unhappy for well over a year now. This is in no way, shape or form NEWS!
- You all should be pleased this is as far as Pollyanna is willing to step into politics. I'd have to put on my witch Halloween costume year round otherwise.
- I haven't been living under a rock (or a cave) and I occassionally take off the rose colored glasses so I didn't die of a heart attack when I read that headline. You all will be graced with my pressence and or oddball stories for awhile longer :)