Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ten Things About Me

Kat over at Three Bedroom Bungalow participated in a meme in which she answered 10 questions about herself. I needed an idea for a post, so I'm totally ripping it off.

I'm not really ripping anyone off - she said anyone could participate. I just felt like sounding like a bad-a$$.

*snort*

Yah, Pollyanna, the bad-a$$.

NOT!

Anywho, here's the ten questions and my answers:

  1. Are you a meticulous planner?

    A planner, yes. A follow thru-er, no. I make all kinds of plans for things I'd like to do and there are usually lists, but actually getting them done is another thing. I work better (albeit b*tchier) under pressure. Give me a goal and a deadline and I'll make it, just don't expect weekly progress reports.


  2. Do you wear make-up? If so, how much and how often?

    Heck, yah! I don't leave the house without mascara and lip gloss at a bare minimum.

    Don't tell me you don't have time to slap on some mascara - it just takes a few flicks of Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara to open your eyes up. Lip gloss you can apply while walking to the car.

    I actually do the whole gamut daily - foundation, powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, lips.

    More important than the make up is the skin care routine. As long as you cleanse, apply a sunscreen, and moisturize, most women don't need a lot of make up. Make up makes you look good in five minutes, a good skin care routine makes you look good five, ten, fifteen years from now.

    Hopefully, you have been guilted into calling your Mary Kay Consultant to replenish your skincare products. If you don't already have one, contact my gal (click here) - she's AWESOME!


  3. What, if anything, do you wear to bed?

    I wear jammies. But they have to match. I'm not a pull-out-whatever-top-and-bottom-you-can-find kind of gal. Oh, and no underwear - they just get all bunched up and uncomfortable at night.


  4. Look over your right shoulder, what do you see?

    A picture of each of my girls and of Hubby and me on our wedding day. Plain black frames hanging from red satin ribbon.

    Hmmmmmm, I love my family.


  5. If you had to take one random item to an interview to help describe yourself, what would it be?

    Easiest question on the list!

    A scrap of silver fabric. No matter how down I may get, I can always pick myself up again.

    I firmly believe my motto: There is always a silver lining.

    I'm not one to give up. I may abandon projects or take a turn in another direction for one reason or another, but I don't simply give up.


  6. What film would you have like a starring role in?

    Say Anything. Lloyd Dobbler, need I say more?


  7. Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant?

    Neither. See #6 above.

    Now, if you had given me the choice of John Cusack and Chris O'Donnell, I would have had major problem. They're both on the laminated list.


  8. Do you swear in front of children?

    Yes. And I always do the "oops" with my fingers over my mouth. I'm such a dork!


  9. Do you sew or knit or do any other "womanly" craft?

    Is complaining about the fact that my house is never clean considered a "womanly" craft? How about nagging my family to do stuff? Hubby says I have these two down to an art form. Art implies craft, does it not?

    Seriously, I can sew straight lines. I made the curtains in my dining room & kitchen & I actually get compliments on them.

    I can also crochet and knit. Again, this is a straight line kind of thing, like scarves and blankets. Don't ask me to make you anything to wear.

    Honestly, don't ask me to make you anything because I'm too busy complaining about my house and nagging my family to get around to doing something for someone else.


  10. Twitter or Facebook?

    Facebook. I've never heard of anyone farming on Twitter so I don't go there.


Silver Lining:
  1. I pounded out a post in 20 minutes.

  2. Anyone else who needs an idea for today, can take this on. Leave me a comment if you do, so I can stop by and check it out.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin