Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm Such a Dork

So I went to get coffee and catch up on the daily gossip. I was away from my desk for at least 15 minutes & wouldn't you know it, I came back to that obnoxious blinking light signaling I had a message.

First off, hardly anyone leaves me a message on my phone. If someone wants information from me, it usually comes in the form of an e-mail.

Secondly, I couldn't find a pad of paper.

I had difficulty finding a pad of paper, not because my desk was a mess. No, it was because I actually filed papers and cleaned most of my desk off yesterday. I was looking under the few folders & papers that were left and could find my blasted post-it pad. I finally looked in my desk drawer. Duh, I had actually put them all away in the cleaning process.

I'm ready for a really important message, but it was the hubby (didn't even need the post-it pad). He does have a tendency to say "um" a lot so there were several pauses in the message.

As soon as I heard his voice, I completely forgot that I had just logged in to the voice mail system. As he paused, I was saying, "Uh-huh, uh-huh" like he was actually on the phone. I even said "I love you" at the end. It wasn't until he didn't say it back I remembered that it was only a voice mail message.

I'm such a dork!!!

Silver Lining:
1. I'm going to say that this happened because I hadn't drank all my coffee yet, let alone given the caffeine any time to absorb.
2. You guys are the only ones who know how dork-ish I am.

11 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Anonymous said...

DORK!!!!
HB

Anonymous said...

DORKET!!!!!!:):)
The MOM

NYStateBeauty said...

Ha haa! Geek!

That's great though, I do that when people pretend like they're picking up their phone when I call, but it's really their voicemail making you believe they picked up the phone but then all of a sudden you hear the, "BEEP" to leave a message.

Dork!

Cherie Z said...

AWAY FROM YOUR DESK AT LEAST 15 MINUTES?!?!?!?!? You'd better be careful...Look what happened to me.Oh yeah...I forgot you don't work for Chad!!!LOL
Cherie

SquirrelQueen said...

Way too funny.
We've all had our dorky moments. I won't tell if you won't.

SQ

Jenn said...

that's too funny...but if I am honest...I've done the same thing before...lol...although I did catch myself before the end of the voice mail message...

Your secrets safe with me...lol.

Jenn.

Pollyanna said...

If you can't laugh at yourself, life it quite the bummer.

Glad I'm not the only dork out there!!

Anonymous said...

You may not be the only dork out there, but you're our DORK and that makes you special.
The Mom

Hannah said...

That's really funny. That sounds like something I would do.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

The Mom said...

Just testing to see if this "dork" has figured out how to add myself to this blog site

Anonymous said...

Ok everyone who posted on this blog must not see your desk daily...but I do and I am here to tell you finding a piece of paper or post it you could write on can be a difficult task on your desk LOL...I am kidding you know....I hate when people say "UM" LOL- Danny

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin