Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Favorite Game

What was the first body part your child was able to identify?

Probably their nose, eyes, mouth or belly button, right?

Not my kids.

They are both extremely ticklish in their armpits. Since my favorite sound is my children's laughter, their armpits get tickled a lot.

Early on, one of our favorite games with them was, "Where's Your Armpit?"

As a result, the first body part they were able to identify was their armpits.

Wow, aren't I a great parent?

Silver Lining:
1. It's still a fun "game" we play. And they willingly raise their arms. Too funny.
2. The game always ends with snuggles, and that's just awesome.

7 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Anonymous said...

M - I am not surprised at all that your child’s armpit was the first body part they learned. I think there is nothing better than the sound of a child’s laughter. So as long as you can tickle their armpits and play the game LOL. But my favorite game as you might have guessed is "Aggravation"! LOL - Danny

Lillian Robinson said...

Let someone else teach them the boring parts... Tickles are fun!

Babe in Babeland said...

Hi! I'm a first-time commenter. I like your blog!

That is hilarious. I have often wondered when my little babe will be able to identify body parts. I'm almost certain she'll know NOSE first. Of course, I've recently discovered she's a little ticklish, so who knows? Maybe armpit is in her future... :-)

- Jan - said...

Yes, I think you're a great mom! I like to tickle my daughter as well. And she loves it. She would say 'again, again' if I stop tickling her :)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love to tickle my kiddos too :)

Love your blog...I will be back for more!

Pat said...

That's cute...I love to hear children's laughter, too. I must be overly sensitive because for as far back as I can remember, being tickled has been like torture to me. Weird, I know.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Those carvings are at the timeshare where we are staying this week on the coast of Oregon..I wouldn't want them at my house, either!

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Aww, that totally made me smile! <3 <3 <3

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin