Friday, July 24, 2009

First Dear So and So "Letters"

Dear So and So...


Dear So and So is hosted by Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow for Let in Crazytown. Here's my first set of letters:


Dear Mother Nature,

Have you been sleeping? Are you just hitting the snooze button instead of getting up and changing the season over to summer?

Or did someone send you a letter saying that they didn't believe in you so you've totally left Pleasantville without a summer? Don't tell me we're going to have to build a clock that chimes:



Seriously, it was only 70 some degrees the other night. My kids had to wear jackets! Where is the usual almost 100, humid as a rain forest July weather.

You don't have to return with a vengeance. I'm thinking mid 80's would be good. At least we could use the pool we pay a zillion dollars for each year as part of the HOA.

Thanks in advance for dropping in,
TLI


Dear Hubby,

When we eat dinner outside on a July evening that leaves you so cold, you have to huddle under a blanket because you "just can't seem to warm up," don't ask me to get you a brown thing (aka fudgicle) out of the freezer. Hello!

Love you tons anyway,
M


Dear Follower Who Stopped Following,

I hope I didn't offend you. I'd rather have someone call me on going over the line by contacting me via e-mail (there's a contact button in the nav bar) instead of just dropping out. At least let me apologize. You kind of hurt my feelings.

Sincerely,
TLI


Dear Faithful, Loyal, Awesome, Wouldn't-Let-Me-Down Readers,

I'm falling behind a bit in my quest to be number one on the Blogs in Babeland top ten. I know it's a top ten list, but my pride is on the line here. If you haven't already, please click the red button to get to the poll, and vote for me. If you've already voted for me, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Groveling shamelessly,
TLI


Dear Mascara Marketers,

FYI - Nothing short of fake eye lashes is going to make my eyes look like the model's in your ads. Quit claiming your want makes a difference. Also, I'm sure I'm wiggling my want just fine without paying double to get one that does it for me.

Just going to buy the cheap stuff from now on,
TLI


Silver Lining:
1. It feels good to get some of this off my chest.
2. After that letter to Mother Nature, maybe we'll get some warmer weather here.

10 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I give in too easy to the mascara marketers and I'm with you it has to stop!

Lillian Robinson said...

We're on course for the coolest July since they started keeping records! Yep, pool is burning money with no return on investment. I actually have spring bloomers popping out again. Even the shrubs don't know what season it is!

Lisa said...

While I love the cooler weather, I need my kids to swim! NEED THEM TO GO OUTSIDE TO PLAY IN THE WATER! It wears them out so much better than just running around. Why is that?

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I love the "Dear So and So" letters. I've done them a time or two, as well.

Enjoyed yours! Especially the one to the "follower" who left. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets offended when people leave --- and I can't even figure out WHO IT WAS!?

Krystal said...

I think Mother Nature decided to work overtime in my neck of the woods...it's excrutiating hot and then pouring rain the next minute...i'll let her know you're waiting

Unknown said...

Great letters! Our summer is missing too - we were only in the upper 70's yesterday. Stopped by from SITS and wanted to say hi

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Thanks for popping by my blog today. The Dear So and So is rather cathartic isn't it?

Hope Mother Nature was listening up!

Unknown said...

MM, that last comment was ME I just wasn't signed is as my blogger profile...can I get a doh please?

Jen said...

This has been the strangest summer. I feel like writing a letter to Al Gore and asking him where all the global warming went. :(

Donna ~Blessed Nest said...

I can relate to the mascara...funny and so true. The natural brands dry up and I am not into chemicals on my lashes..doesn't do it for me anyway. I'll take the 7o's you want to trade some rain for sunshine and brown grass? Sending CA sun your way.

Thanks for stopping by!I'll be joining in on the blog hop thingy too!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin