Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Really, Truly Random

randomtuesday



No theme today, just truly random thoughts.

My front bottom teeth form a ridge in the center so they are slightly higher than the rest of my bottom teeth. It’s not a reverse buck tooth thing. It’s just right in the middle. The other end of the front two teeth are at the same level as the others. I know this because I was just running my finger over the top of them. Why was I doing this? Beats me, but now I can’t stop doing it.

I wore sandals today, but because it’s so chilly outside, I turned the heat on in the car and had it blasted on my feet. Why didn’t I wear regular shoes? I just can’t bring myself to put on socks or stockings yet. And because I don’t have any that go with these pants. I don’t know what I wore with them last year, but I don’t have anything now. Guess I’ll have to go shopping.

Speaking of the weather getting colder, it’s happening a lot sooner than usual here. I got to thinking about my kids’ Halloween costumes and how I’m going to have to plan for them to be large enough to fit over the winter parka. Usually, Halloween is cool, but a long sleeve shirt or a sweatshirt did the trick. I’m not so sure about this year. We never thought about it when I was growing up. When you live in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin, it was a given that it was going to be cold. And rainy. You were definitely buying a costume three sizes larger than your clothing size in order to accommodate the layers of tights, long underwear, jeans, turtleneck, sweater, snow pants & parka.

Last night, I figured out, by accident, how to select a specific piece of an image and was able to cut, layer a nifty graphic, & replace it as a new image in PrintShop. I made a kick@ss logo for my father-in-law’s website. Did a fist pump and everything. Don’t you love it when that happens?

Dang light fixtures and shelves got dusted after last week’s random thoughts, but now the laundry is after me. We have two and a half piles (unfolded) of clean laundry, two piles of dirty laundry and an empty laundry hamper thingy. Guess, I should stop making stuff in PrintShop long enough to get that remedied. That’s poop. I’d rather play.

Cupie can read! She started reading short word books (like three words on a page type) at the end of pre-school and we were really proud of her. However, now she is starting to really sound out words with two letters making one sound (sh, th, oo, etc)! Only two and a half weeks into Kindergarten, three naughty notes home & a trip to the principal’s office (not proud of that) and she can really read!!

Now head over to Keely's to see more randomness (is that a word?)

Silver lining:
  1. One of the things on my daughter’s kindergarten homework calendar is some kind of sorting activity. Guess who’s helping with the laundry? Two birds with one stone – that rocks!

  2. I have a pair of pants with no cold weather appropriate footwear. [singing] I’m going to have to go shopping! [stop singing] I wonder if I can work that into one of Cupie’s homework assignments for September.

21 People Laughed Along With Me, Won't You?:

Suzy said...

Go shopping and get yourself some new fall shoes! Yippee! Loving your Randomness today!

shortmama said...

I want it to be cold here! Im so jealous!

Scott Hulbert said...

We noticed our older one reading more things.. including things we DID NOT want her to read. Such as things saved on TiVO...

Look out!

"Ken"

Pollyanna said...

Mom - huh?

Anonymous said...

I have a thought for you I noticed this weekend and this morning when I woke up, it is only September 1 and yet it was darker than usual in the morning, I thought my alarm clock was wrong, then I remembered it got dark earlier than normal this weekend, why is that - time is change is not for TWO months (end of October I believe). Actually the 1st of November if I am not mistaken. Just my thought. - Danny

Jennifer said...

Shopping for shoes, not that is a homework assignment I could get into.

Julia said...

Shoes are just way over rated!! I go in flip flops until it freezes and then some...

Kinder is fun. For someone... I think.

Mike said...

I get so depressed when it gets to the time where I need to turn heat on! I hate it when I have to start wearing long pants!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

My boys like to throw things into the washer, but that's all the help I get with laundry.

Keely said...

If I wasn't in danger of literally freezing my toes off here in the winter, I would NEVER wear proper shoes.

Casey said...

Woo hoo for reading! That's so cool to watch them start to figure out the words.

My bottom teeth have that same ridge thingy. Now I can't stop running my tongue over it, thanks!

Sue said...

Any excuse for shopping I always say. I made all things "house" fun when my daughter was that age. She loved to dust, sort clothes and help cook. The very cool thing is, she is now a 25-year-old who lives in a very clean apartment and can prepare an entire meal!

Kenya said...

I think it's awesome that you fist pumped!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I love fall I just wish it would get cooler here so I could wear some cute fall shoes and not flip flops everyday!

CougarTales said...

I can't believe how chilly it has been here as well! My AC decided to break on the right day!
- CougarTales
http://www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com

Design It Chic said...

Oh i have a pile of laundry in my kitchen as we speak. i better move my ass from this couch and do the dang thang' :)

Happy Thursday and don't forget to check in find our what TRULY happened last night!

plainolebob said...

had to go back and read the abbot and costelo first, gettin cold second, finally made it to this post third, still had no idea what was on second, layers of cloting or halloween?
missed 2 day reading so i am so con fused, sorry.

Krystal said...

I loved it when Princess started to read now all she wants are books and books and books and books...you get the drift

Oh, and don't worry about your laundry...double your clean load, triple your dirty loads and that is how many of each I have....someone really needs to design a robot for this.

Chris said...

At least you're a cool enough mom to buy costumes that fit OVER sweatshirts and stuff. My mom never did. Let me tell ya, there's nothing less "superhero-like" than Batman in a parka and mittens.

plainolebob said...

ok, thats it gonna put you on my fav's list

anymommy said...

It's cold here too. And I love the reading news, that's the one thing that makes me want to rush my kids' growing up a little. I'd love to read chapter books to them!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin