Monday, August 30, 2010

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Interrupting cow.

Interrupting co--

Moooooooooooo.


Get it? The interrupting cow, interrupted before you could say "Interrupting cow who?"

Ok, it may be funnier in person. Sue me!

Well, don't.

Not that it matters. I don't have any money to pay you on a frivolous suit such as this.

You'd just make a big, fat, black cloud in our blogging relationship. Do you really want that?

I didn't think so.

Anywho, on with the point of that not-really-all-that-funny-when-you-don't-hear-it-in-person joke.

Interrupting.

My kids do it all the time.

I can't count how many times I've told my kids, "The grown ups are talking, please don't interrupt."

Sometimes it happens so often, you completely lose track of your conversation. It's almost comical because it would have taken less of an interruption to hear what they had to say than it does to make the point that they are INTERRUPTING!

However, most of the time, the interruption is unwarranted and completely fleeting in nature. This, of course, makes it all the more irritating.

Unless you're just an observer in the whole ordeal. Then, it's funny.

Case and point:

MIL (aka Nana) to Hubby: Waaa-waa, waaa, waa-waaaa, waa, waaa, waa-waa

Hubby to MIL: Waaa-waa, waaa, waa-waaaa, waa, waaa, waa-waa

This goes on for a bit, so I'll let you fill in the "waaa, waaa" as necessary. Three minutes should do the trick.

Andi (my niece, age 11): Hey, Nana. . .

MIL: Just a minute, Andi.

MIL and Hubby continue "waaa, waaa"-ing for a bit.

Andi: Um, Nana?

MIL: Hold on Andi.

More "waaa, waaa"-ing.

MIL (with much drama and a tinge of exasperation): Now, Andi, what was so ever-loving important that you had to interrupt us twice?

Andi: I forgot.

Typical.

Silver Lining:

  1. My girls' have finally started understanding the meaning of my holding up one finger so I don't actually have to stop my conversation to tell them not to interrupt. Unfortunately, I know they understand this because they do it back to me!

  2. My mother-in-law has almost 40 years of child-rearing experience (not to mention the fact that she's the oldest of her six brothers & sisters) so this just rolled off her back, and she declared it was time for ice cream. AWESOME!

Photobucket

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin