Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One Ring

So I'm playing Farmville on my laptop in the dining room.

Hubby has some episode of The Big Bang Theory on in the family room.

I can see the TV from my perch.

And I like this show.

If you've never seen it, you need to make a point of watching a few episodes.

Anywho, in the episode that was just on (a better summary and video is here), the four main characters find a box at a garage sale filled with comic book, movie & TV memorabilia. An A.L.F. doll, an Aquaman, Mr. Spock's head on Mr. T's body, and most importantly a ring.

The scene plays out like this (my comments are in the parenthesis):

Leonard: Why do I always have to carry the heavy stuff?
Sheldon: It’s very simple. In our ragtag band of scientists with nothing to lose I am the smart one, Wolowitz is the funny one and Koothrappali is the lovable foreigner who struggles to understand our ways and fails. That leaves you by default as the muscle.
Leonard: One more floor and I’d be the pulled muscle.
[They enter the apartment, where Penny is]
Penny (the pretty neighbor who is dating Leonard): Oh, it is about time, I am starving!
Leonard: Well, we didn’t actually get Chinese food.
Penny: Why not?
Leonard: Don’t panic, this is better!
(Better if you're a geek)
Leonard: We were on our way to the Chinese restaurant when we thought we saw Adam West, so we followed him.
Penny: Who is Adam West?
Sheldon: What, who is Adam West? Leonard what do the two of you talk about after the coitus?
Wolowitz: My guess is: ‘hey four minutes, new record!‘ [Turns to Raj] That’s why I’m the funny one!
[Sheldon finds a ring at the bottom of the box]
Sheldon: Fascinating!
Leonard: What?
Sheldon: It appears to be a Lord of the Rings ring.
Koothrappali: It even got the Elvishian graving on it.
Sheldon: It’s not Elvish, it’s the language of Mordor written in Elvish script. One ring to rule them all.
Koothrappali: One ring to find them.
Wolowitz: One ring to bring them all.
Leonard: And in the darkness bind them.
At this point I notice that my Husband is speaking out loud. He is quoting Lord of the Rings with them!
Koothrappali: Holy crap we are nerdy!
(No frickin' kidding)

Yeah, just lump Hubby in with that group. I'm so proud.

Silver Lining:
  1. I knew he was a geek when I married him and I married him anyway.

  2. He knows he's a geek too. It's good to be comfortable in your own skin.


Photobucket

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin